(WFXR) — Winter is already upon us, so in addition to getting your vehicle serviced for the season, you also need to make sure to have a safety kit.
Getting stranded in the snow is not fun, but if you happen to get stuck, Chief Meteorologist John Carroll has the information you need to get a safety kit together.
Here is a list of what will help, until you get help:
- A decent container to keep all the items organized in one location
- A cell phone charger
- Candles for heat and light
- Lighter and a flashlight
- Jumper cables
- A first-aid kit (band-aids, adhesive tape, antiseptic wipes, gauze pads, antiseptic cream, medical wrap, etc.)
- Bottled water
- Granola or some type of non-perishable food
- Gloves and a hat
- Extra boots
- A blanket
- Extra Batteries
- Kitty litter for traction under your tires
- A small shovel
Remember, no-one ever plans to get stranded in the snow, but but you should always plan to stay safe, just in case.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list