Sunshine is breaking through the cloud cover this Saturday afternoon. A few storms may develop, but many in Southwest and Central Virginia will stay dry.
Rain coverage will be limited for Saturday. However, a few showers and storms may produce brief heavy rainfall. Stay alert if you’re heading outside, but you probably won’t need the umbrella. Skies will be partly cloudy overnight and pockets of fog may develop. Low temperatures will be in the 60s and upper 50s.
Morning fog is possible and may be dense in some spots. Use caution if you’re hitting the roadways Sunday morning and remember to keep the low beams on.
Otherwise, mostly sunny skies are slated for Sunday and it will be warmer. High temperatures will reach the upper 80s and low 90s, so stay cool outside! A few isolated storms may develop during the afternoon, but coverage will be limited. Overall, the weather will be summer-like for the next several days.
The above-average temperatures will remain in the forecast for the upcoming week. Rain chances are low for Sunday and Monday, but are expected to increase by the middle of the week.
- The Drumstick Dash idea came from a neighboring state
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Days after circuit court orders Yellow Finch Tree Sitters to leave, “we’re still here.”
- COVID-19 hospitalization numbers released from the Near Southwest Region of Virginia
- Virginia Opens 2020-21 Season With a Loss at UCF