This morning will start off a little damp due to the recent rain. However, it shouldn’t be long-lived as drier air continues to filter in across the region.
This morning, some patchy fog may impact your commute. Otherwise, anticipate somewhat chilly temperatures to start your day. You’ll want a sweater or jacket as our early morning temperatures will be in the 40s and 50s.
It should be a pleasant fall afternoon with mostly sunny skies and highs climbing back to around 70.
Thursday, we climb to the low and mid 70s in many spots before another front moves across the region late in the day. Because there will be little moisture for the front to work with, only a slight chance for a few showers is forecast.
The big story will be the drop in temperatures behind the front. Despite plenty of sunshine, highs will be only in the 60s Friday through the weekend. By the way, average high for this time of year in Roanoke is 73 degrees now.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Senate Judiciary Committee votes to advance Judge Amy Coney Barrett; Democrats boycott
- Senate panel advances nomination to the Supreme Court
- Trump’s Supreme Court nominee moves toward Senate vote despite boycott by Dems
- Funding options presented for Cool Branch Volunteer Fire Department
- Virginia Tech’s Chamarri Conner earns Beamer’s No. 25 jersey for Saturday’s game at Wake Forest