Ahead of a front, showers will move into areas west of the Parkway this morning. Also, areas of fog will impact the morning commute for many. Allow for some extra travel time and stay alert for abruptly changing visibilities this morning.
Showers will dissipate before making it past the I-81 corridor. The fog should lift by mid-morning.
The front moves across the region by the afternoon. While we will not experience much of a drop in temperatures behind it, drier air will scour out the moisture and clouds for the afternoon.
This afternoon, you can expect clearing skies and pleasantly warm temperatures in the low to mid 70s east and mid to upper 60s west.
We stay dry until Friday when another, stronger, cold front moves across the region. Scattered showers can be expected Friday. And temperatures drop to the 50s highs Saturday behind it.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 8
- Harvick with a different approach heading into final NASCAR races
- What to expect from Zeta as the cyclone moves through Virginia Thursday
- From JMU to QB1, Ben DiNucci ready to step up for Dallas Cowboys
- Your ballot was rejected. Virginia law offers voters a chance to make it count