Grab a coat! We’re waking up to temperatures in the 20s and 30s this morning. There’s enough of a wind to produce wind chills in the 20s and upper teens early this morning.
With the colder air in place, temperatures will struggle to climb out of the 40s in most areas despite full sunshine this afternoon.
High pressure continues to build in from the west today and tonight. It will be another night of temperatures below freezing. Bring the potted plants indoors or cover them with a sheet. And don’t forget about the pets!
Today looks to be the coldest day of the week with temperatures moderating quite a bit for the second half of the week. For comparison, Roanoke’s high for this time of year is in the mid to upper 50s. Today, a high of 50 degrees is forecast.
Highs will be typical for mid-November Thursday and then we’ve got highs around 70 Friday and the weekend!
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Fostering Joy for Christmas event with G.O.D.S. Foundation
- New Horizons Healthcare celebrating 20 years in the community
- Christmas and COVID: Therapist on how to manage holiday stress and decisions amid the pandemic
- Pinpoint Weather: Heavy rain expected tonight followed by gusty winds Saturday morning
- US House passes historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis on the federal level