More sunshine is in the forecast for Sunday! After a frosty start, temperatures began to rebound just after sunrise. Expect mostly sunny skies throughout the day due to an area of high pressure to our northeast. For the afternoon, highs will range from the cool upper 50s and into the low to mid 60s.
It won’t be as chilly tonight. Many locations will have temperatures fall into the low to mid 40s. Only a few spots in the New River Valley and Alleghany Highlands may sink down into the upper 30s. We’re not anticipating any frost for this evening.
Overall, a quiet and dry weather pattern will settle into Southwest and Central Virginia for the upcoming week. A few clouds may move through for the beginning of the week, but much of the region will stay relatively dry. A warming trend will take place, starting on Monday. High temperatures will be above-average, making their way into the low 70s on Monday. By Tuesday and Wednesday, much of the region will have high temperatures in the mid to upper 70s. A few locations may even make it to the 80-degree mark by the middle of the week.
Low temperatures for the next few days will be in the 40s and 50s, so we’re not expecting cold temperatures for much of the week ahead.
Our next chance for rain is slated for the end of the week. A cold front is slowly making its way closer to Southwest and Central Virginia. A few spotty showers are possible Friday and Saturday.
- Tropical Storm Epsilon takes form over Central Atlantic
- Temporary closure along part of Route 732 in Bedford County starts Tuesday morning
- ‘It’s kind of surreal’: Mother and daughter make history in Bristol as first to receive fill of medical cannabis oil in Virginia
- ‘We’re heartbroken’: Robert Redford’s son, James, dies of liver cancer at 58
- TSA: Over 1 million airline passengers screened Sunday for first time since March