Prepare for a brisk and chilly start to the day. You’ll need a jacket to stay warm as temperatures will generally be in the low 50s for many areas just before sunrise.
An upper level trough is bringing gusty winds this morning to Southwest VA. A wind advisory is in place for parts of the New River Valley this morning as winds could gust to as high as 50 mph though noon. Elsewhere, 30 to 40 mph wind gust can be expected through the lunch hour.
Other than a slight chance for a few showers across the westernmost counties, drier and cooler air moves in.
Winds will decrease this afternoon with skies becoming sunny. However, much cooler air will continue to spill in across the region. Temperatures will move very little today despite the sunshine. Look for highs in the 50s to around 60 degrees.
Cooler but sunny weather sticks arounds for Halloween.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Hokies All Access : Pittsburgh recap, football bye week, turkey pardon, tailgating, Kenny Brooks profile, men’s basketball preview with Jon Laaser and Mike Burnop
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball head coach Kenny Brooks rewarded with contract extension
- 2021 ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament Moved to Greensboro
- Northside’s Mackenzie Walker signs with Radford
- North Cross School’s Asia Minnes Signs with University of Tennessee for Swimming