Patchy drizzle and fog is possible this morning. Otherwise, decreasing clouds through the day will allow for mostly sunny skies this afternoon.
Despite the rain no longer in the region, creeks and streams are still running high. This is leading to remaining issues with the flooding of area roads. Please heed any road closures you may encounter today.
In addition, runoff from the recent rain is filling local rivers. Many of our rivers continue to be near or above flood stage today and into tomorrow. This will lead to flooding along river banks and possibly nearby roads.
One of the rivers we are closely monitoring is Dan River at Danville where some flooding is already occurring.
Temperatures in the 50s will warm into the 60s for highs with mostly sunny skies by the afternoon.
Saturday looks sunny and cooler with highs in the upper 50s to low 60s.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Elizabeth Guzman suspends campaign for Lt. Governor
- Route 29 north shut down in Amherst County due to tractor-trailer crash
- U of Richmond board to resume talks on renaming buildings
- Snyder and Youngkin put millions into their campaigns but McAuliffe still maintains fundraising lead in Virginia governor’s race
- Southwest Virginia Wildlife Center receives first baby black bear