While morning temperatures are not quite as cold as yesterday morning, most of us are in the 30s to start the day.
Despite much more in the way of cloud cover today, we should stay dry most of this Wednesday. Showers increase across the region later tonight and may continue just past daybreak for parts of Southside Thursday morning.
Ahead of the rain slated for tonight, winds will pick up this afternoon. This is mainly for areas west of the Parkway. Later tonight, as the front moves through the region, gusty winds can be expected across more of Southwest Virginia. Winds will decrease towards daybreak.
Other than a few showers exiting our southeastern communities in the early morning hours on Thanksgiving, Southwest Virginia should see clearing skies through the morning. The forecast calls for mostly sunny skies during the afternoon with highs in mid and upper 60s!
Friday will be dry and mild again with highs in the low and mid 60s.
Our next front moves in late Sunday. Ahead of it, our rain chances go up Sunday night into Monday. Monday night into Tuesday morning, a few snow showers are possible for some of our mountain communities. Otherwise, it will be sunny and much colder. Tuesday’s highs will only manage the 30s and 40s!
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Juvenile arrested for December’s Valley View Mall shooting
- Roanoke County wreck causes miles-long backup on I-81 North
- Now that Biden is president, here’s when you could get that $1,400 stimulus check
- Read the full transcript: President Joe Biden’s full inaugural address
- WATCH: Jennifer Lopez sings ‘This Land Is Your Land’ and ‘America the Beautiful’ at Biden inauguration