We are waking to temperatures in the 20s. However, we will warm nicely with plenty of sunshine into the 50s for many of us. Look for upper 40s west of the Parkway and low to mid 50s farther eastward.
A cold front will move through the region by late today. Ahead of it, a light wintry mix is possible this morning for the higher elevations west of the Parkway. No accumulation is expected.
This afternoon, a slight chance for rain will be possible, mainly west of the Parkway.
Behind a passing cold front, upslope snow showers will be possible for the west-facing slopes of Pocahontas and Greenbrier Counties.
Elsewhere, the higher elevations of our westernmost counties may see a brief period of a light wintry mix this evening. No accumulation is expected.
Tomorrow will be sunny and cooler with highs in the mid to upper 40s.
Our next rain chance arrives Thursday into Friday, New Year’s Day. This looks to be all rain as temperatures will stay above freezing.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Game of the Week: Patriots top Colonels in star city showdown
- Friday Night Blitz: Player of the Week, Daniel Pereira, Irakoze Donasiyano, and Tremaine Edmunds
- Friday Night Blitz: Class 1 and 2 boys basketball previews
- Friday Night Blitz: Boys class 3 and 4 basketball preview
- Friday Night Blitz: Game of the Week, and Class 5 basketball preview