Thursday will be another humid day with a higher rain chance compared to previous days. Scattered to numerous showers and storms are expected this afternoon and evening.
More clouds and an even higher chance for rain will hold temps to the lower 80s in most spots for highs.
Plenty of low-level moisture out ahead of a front stalled to our north will contribute to shower and storm development today.
While severe weather is not anticipated, some of the stronger storms will have gusty winds and heavy downpours. Heavy rain on already saturated grounds could lead to some localized flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for much of the region this afternoon through tonight.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Appomattox County authorities searching for missing 15-year-old girl
- New Freedom Farm in the running for $25,000 State Farm Neighborhood Assistance Grant
- WATCH LIVE @ noon: Roanoke city leaders to address recent rise in gun violence
- Susan G. Komen Virginia Blue Ridge events and fundraising the month of October
- Medical advancements in breast cancer treatment with Carillion Clinic