Pinpoint Weather: Dry and cool pattern ahead of rain expected late Wednesday
The pattern for the short work week will consist of dry conditions today and Tuesday ahead of rain slated for Wednesday night. The dry and cool weather is about on target for this time of year as the normal high temps are around the middle 50s and that is what is forecast. Expect to see a good deal of sunshine Tuesday but the mercury in the thermometer will be once again near normal.
Wednesday will be the day of transition as clouds will move in ahead of rain that will fall well after sunset. In other words, the short work week should be dry. The rain will move through quickly and be all liquid since the temps will be warming up a bit. Overnight lows will be well above normal Wednesday into Thanksgiving so even the higher elevated locations will not see any snow.
The rain will come to an end before noon Thanksgiving. The holiday will be a mix of early morning rain and clouds followed by some clearing. High temperatures on Thanksgiving will be on the mild side for late November, topping out in the 60s once again. High pressure sets in for Friday providing us with dry and pleasant conditions.
Saturday looks to bring some spotty rain to the region under mostly cloudy skies. Temperatures are still expected to be in the 60s but a cold front that will push across as we move into Sunday will significantly drop the temps to near normal levels again.
Monday will be on the rainy side according to the latest model runs, but that is several days out and subject to change.
Bottom line is that the busiest travel day of the year will be quiet until after sunset, and Thanksgiving will be rainy until noon.
Stay safe and healthy
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- Clifton Forge Police search for ‘armed and dangerous’ man after report of robbery
- House Democrats demand removal of Republican chosen for Virginia’s new redistricting commission for ‘rigged’ election tweet
- Free COVID-19 drive-thru testing event scheduled at Roanoke’s Melrose Avenue Goodwill
- University of Lynchburg announces plan for students to return to campus, undergraduates required to show proof of negative COVID-19 test before returning