A stalled front to our east will drop far enough south that it will not have much influence over our weather until later in the day. By late afternoon, an area of low pressure rides north along the boundary and this will help to steer moisture in from the east, triggering showers and storms in a few spots. Most of Southwest VA stays dry today.
High pressure sets up directly to our north which will also help temper highs a bit today despite most areas staying dry. Look for highs in the 70s in most spots.
Friday, storms become more likely again with heavy downpours possible.
Drier and warmer weather returns during the weekend.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Pinpoint Weather: Dry and mild pattern for the rest of the holiday weekend
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Runners around Roanoke contribute to the community through the virtual Drumstick Dash
- The man behind the meals at the Roanoke Rescue Mission
- Dozens of people in Cave Spring lace up their running shoes Thanksgiving morning for the 2020 Drumstick Dash