Allow extra time this morning for your commute due to rain reducing visibilities in spots, wet roads and areas of fog.
Rain is likely to be steady through much of the morning, especially for areas south of 460. The rain can be expected to be heavy at times as well.
This afternoon, the bulk of the rain moves east. The steady rain will eventually taper off to scattered showers west to east across our region by mid-afternoon.
It will be a cool afternoon. Expect highs only in the 60s today. By the way, the average high for this time of year in Roanoke is 76 degrees.
High pressure builds in briefly for the weekend. Other than a stray shower Saturday, rain chances hold off until Monday.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Gov. Northam suffers broken hand while winterizing boat
- Pinpoint Weather: Sunny and mild weather pattern remains in place
- Liberty Flames add UMass back to 2020 football schedule
- Virginia Tech’s Mike Young joins the fight against bullying
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?