We are waking up to frigid morning temperatures in the 20s and 30s. It will feel even colder with the winds factored in. Similar to yesterday morning, morning wind chills in the teens and 20s are expected.
The snow showers have ended in the mountains. However, strong winds remain in today’s forecast. Gusts around 30 mph can be expected this afternoon.
This afternoon, temperatures will climb a little higher. We should make it out of the 30s in most locations today. Look for highs in the 40s this afternoon. Breezy conditions will produce wind chills in the 30s during the afternoon.
By mid to late week, afternoon highs are back in the mid and upper 50s. For comparison, the typical high for early December in Roanoke is 52 degrees.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot
- Central Shenandoah Health District remains in Phase 1a, currently planning for Phase 1b
- Blue Ridge Health District moves into Phase 1b of COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Roanoke citizens may participate in Jan. 19 City Council sessions by phone, email