It’s another morning for extra layers as we are waking up to temperatures in the 30s across Southwest Virginia.
Thanks to clockwise flow around high pressure steering our winds more of the southwest, temperatures will climb to above average for highs this afternoon. Highs will be as much as 10 degrees warmer than average in many locations. For comparison, Roanoke’s high for this time of year is in the mid to upper 50s. Today, a high of 68 degrees is forecast.
We’ll stay dry Saturday with continued warmer-than-average highs.
We could see a few showers as early as Sunday night with better chances Monday. More of the region should see rain with another front midweek.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Franklin County High School remaining open amid COVID-19 outbreak
- EXPLAINER: What’s known about J&J’s vaccine and rare clots
- West Virginia approves $7M to build new veterans nursing home
- New $3,000 child tax credit: Payments to start in July – see if you’re eligible
- STD cases at ‘all-time high,’ CDC says