As for this morning’s commute, areas of fog will slow motorists. This is especially true west of the Parkway in areas who saw rain last night.
A cold front moves in slowly from the north with little fanfare through the day. Ahead of it, there’s a just a slight chance for a shower this morning.
Clearing skies behind the front are expected. May areas will enjoy mostly sunny skies this afternoon.
This afternoon, the front will stall near the VA/NC state line. In the heating of the day, an isolated shower or storm may develop near the boundary. Most stay dry.
Pleasant, more fall-like, weather is expected Tuesday and Wednesday.
We will watch closely the remnants of Sally, which has yet to make landfall along the Gulf coast. Rain chances increase for Southwest VA Thursday and Friday.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- Grayson County home sustains major damage after Saturday morning fire
- Schedule change goes into effect Monday for Montgomery County Public Schools
- VIDEO: Driver crashes into North Carolina martial arts school when class in session
- Galax crews leave fellow firefighters’ wedding to help battle Hillsville house fire
- New River Valley first responders battle 10+ acre brush fire Sunday