A strong cold front heads in this direction. Well out ahead of it for this afternoon, just a few spotty light rain showers will be possible.
Temperatures will be just slightly above the average for this time of year. Specifically, Roanoke’s average high for this time of year is now 74 degrees.
Tonight, the cold front will start to work into our westernmost counties, bring rain chances to those areas before dawn.
Through the day Tuesday, showers and storms are expected as the front slowly moves across the region.
The rain is likely to be heavy at times. Locally heavy rain and the slow movement of the front along with an accompanying area of low pressure will increase the risk for flooding Tuesday into Wednesday.
The front exits by Thursday, leaving cooler and drier weather in its wake.
Stay safe and healthy.
Follow us on twitter @WFXRWeather
Like us on Facebook WFXR News www.facebook.com/wfxrnews
- $3.4 million in grants aim to combat addiction in western Virginia
- Roanoke woman pleads guilty for failure to disclose show ponies in bankruptcy proceeding
- At least five shootings in Roanoke in less than a week; we take a look at the data
- Coronavirus case confirmed at Jackson River Technical Center in Covington
- Virginia Military Institute Board of Visitors votes to move Stonewall Jackson statue