BOTETOURT COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The National Weather Service confirmed a Saturday tornado in Botetourt County was an EF0 with max winds between 80 and 85 miles per hour.
The tornado was 75 yards wide and was on the ground for 1.2 miles. It was located 4.8 miles west southwest of Fincastle near the intersection of Lee Lane and Haymakertown Road. It ended a half mile from Breckenridge Mill Road and Lee Lane. It occurred between 6:25 and 6:31 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 1.
There were no injuries from the storm and the damage included uprooted trees and a few small trees that snapped, the National Weather Service said.
- Charlottesville discusses removal of statue of Sacagawea
- High demand for flu shots as experts hope to avoid ‘twindemic’
- First-time voter? Here’s what you need to know
- ‘Not all wounds are visible’: Dog helps Virginia veteran cope with PTSD
- Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed