BATH COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A portion of Route 39 near the Virginia / West Virginia border in Bath County has been washed out due to flash flooding according to reports by the National Weather Service.
The Bath County Sheriff’s Office says there are around three inches of rain per hour, resulting in considerable debris in the roadways.
The road is impassible and now closed.
- Big tech CEOs grilled in Senate hearing
- UPDATE: Rural Southwest Virginia surge of new cases continues
- Small businesses can now receive up to $100K in coronavirus support as part of Rebuild VA program
- Kroger to hold virtual hiring event for open positions across southwest, central Virginia
- Staff member at Troutville Elementary reportedly tests positive for COVID-19