Isaias makes landfall as a Category One Hurricane over Ocean Isle Beach, NC. Max winds were clocked at 85 mph at the crossing and the forward speed was near 22 mph. The cyclone regained Hurricane status at 8 pm EDT when sustained winds were at 75 mph. As Isaias approached the coast the intensity increased before finally making landfall as a solid Cat 1.
As Isaias moves along the Coastal Plain of North Carolina, expect to see bands of rain arrive in the Commonwealth overnight and into Tuesday morning. Flooding is likely in our eastern counties as Isaias stays closer to the coast then the Blue Ridge.
- VSP: One person dead, another hospitalized after crash in Scott County
- Two local community colleges awarded with ‘2020 Great College to Work For’ distinction
- WV Senator Manchin says senate should not vote on Supreme Court nominee before the election
- ‘Dreamer’ worries about DACA with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing
- Civil rights leader Rev. Robert Graetz passes away at 92