Stronger Together is a special limited series produced by WFXR News to explore the issues of race in America. Each week’s episode airs Saturdays at 6 p.m. on WWCW-TV 21.1 and Sundays at 11 p.m. on WFXR-TV 27.1.
ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — On this week’s Stronger Together, host Charmayne Brown looks back on 100 years since women were granted the right to vote in America.
Brown interviews Sheyonn Baker, president of the Roanoke chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha. Baker shares about her organization’s efforts to grow voter participation in the Roanoke area.
Brenda Hale, president of the Roanoke chapter of the NAACP, also shares reflections on the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
- Liberty Flames defeat Florida International Panthers in close contest
- President Trump to announce Supreme Court nominee in Saturday White House ceremony
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- Halifax County Sheriff’s Office searches for missing woman
- 73-year-old woman dies following two-vehicle accident involving tow truck in eastern VA