Stronger Together is a special limited series produced by WFXR News to explore the issues of race in America. Each week’s episode airs Saturdays at 6 p.m. on WWCW-TV 21.1 and Sundays at 11 p.m. on WFXR-TV 27.1.
ROANOKE, Va (WFXR) — On this week’s Stronger Together, host Charmayne Brown shines light on Sickle Cell Awareness Month, with a goal of focusing attention on the need for research and treatment for this disease.
Charmayne sits down with Nicole Ross, working with the Faith 4 A Cure Foundation. Ross has three sons with Sickle Cell Disease, and a daughter with the trait. One son has died due to complications with the virus. Now, Ross hopes to spread awareness on the disease and share with people how they can help.
Charmayne also interviews Jackie Grant, with the American Red Cross of Southwest Virginia. Jackie speaks on the important need for Black blood donors in the United States, especially amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Former Liberty Flames player Emily Lytle signs with Virginia Tech
- William Byrd names new boys and girls head basketball coaches
- Friday Night Blitz : Region 2C Final/Glenvar at Appomattox County
- Friday Night Blitz : Region 5D Final/Mountain View at William Fleming
- Friday Night Blitz : Region 4D Final/George Washington at Salem