Stronger Together is a special limited series produced by WFXR News to explore the issues of race in America. Each week’s episode airs Saturdays at 6 p.m. on WWCW-TV 21.1 and Sundays at 11 p.m. on WFXR-TV 27.1.
ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — On this week’s Stronger Together, WFXR Sports Director speaks with two local residents about minority-owned businesses.
Anthony Smith is the founder of Blue Ridge Towers. Just this week, his company cut the ribbon on a new tower in Big Island, Virginia, which will expand high speed broadband in the Bedford County community.
Cheryl Cobbs owns Delish Sweets and Treats in Roanoke. As she explained, her business did not rely on traditional sources of capital. Instead, its growth was powered by hard work and sweet ingredients.
- Pinpoint Weather: Foggy start with not much sunshine until later this afternoon
- Cavaliers prep for season opener against Duke
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- COVID-19 has Mayors advising citizens to refrain from typical Halloween activities
- Lynchburg Parks and Recreation to host 4th Annual Glow Ride at Riverside Park