Stronger Together is a special limited series produced by WFXR News to explore the issues of race in America. Each week’s episode airs Saturdays at 6 p.m. on WWCW-TV 21.1 and Sundays at 11 p.m. on WFXR-TV 27.1.
ROANOKE, Va (WFXR) — On this week’s Stronger Together, host Charmayne Brown shines light on mental health awareness. She speaks to people in our area that have experienced mental illness firsthand, along with health experts on signs to look out for.
There are a number of local resources available. If you or anyone you know is struggling with thoughts of self-harm or are in a crisis. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800)-273-TALK.
- Dozens of fun weekend events to help ring in Halloween around southwest, central Virginia
- Clean Valley Council education program about river research
- 33 missing children recovered around Virginia through statewide law enforcement effort, “Operation Find Our Children”
- Exploring the history and significance of Confederate Statues on Stronger Together
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast