Stronger Together is a special limited series produced by WFXR News to explore the issues of race in America. Each week’s episode airs Saturdays at 6 p.m. on WWCW-TV 21.1 and Sundays at 11 p.m. on WFXR-TV 27.1.
ROANOKE, Va (WFXR) — On this week’s Stronger Together, host Charmayne Brown shines light on mental health awareness. She speaks to people in our area that have experienced mental illness firsthand, along with health experts on signs to look out for.
There are a number of local resources available. If you or anyone you know is struggling with thoughts of self-harm or are in a crisis. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800)-273-TALK.
- Lynchburg structure fire shuts down Boonsboro Road
- Wednesday morning crash closes down Wirtz Road in Franklin County
- New, more contagious strain of coronavirus fuels spike in Southern California cases
- Stripped of committee post after letter to Pence, Virginia GOP delegate says he’s mulling legal action
- ‘It’s been humbling’; Virginia National Guard members share experiences ahead of Inauguration Day