CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – With the 10th pick in the WNBA draft, the Phoenix Mercury selected Virginia Cavalier forward Jocelyn Willoughby. Originally drafted by Phoenix, she was then traded to New York for Shatori Walker-Kimbrough.
Willoughby led the ACC in scoring with 19 points per game. She’s the first cavalier drafted since Monica Wright in 2010. During her four year career at Virginia, Willoughby racked had 1,677 points and 868 rebounds in 127 games with the cavaliers.
- Wytheville-area police officer earns award for teen-related traffic crash and fatality prevention efforts
- Preparing for STEAM Day with the Virginia Tech Roanoke Center
- Playbook week 4 | No. 1 Clemson, UVa face off in primetime
- Roanoke Valley Paralegal Association talks about Jaunt for Justice 5k
- Virginia Cooperative Extension explains new Covid-19 Rapid Release Program