Score: Roanoke 81, Lynchburg 44
Records: Roanoke 15-9 / 9-6 ODAC | Lynchburg 14-11 / 9-7 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Caleb Jordan led four Maroons in double-figures with 20 points as Roanoke topped rival Lynchburg 81-44 on the road Wednesday night in ODAC Men’s Basketball action.
How it Happened:
- The Maroons came out of the gates quick and took a 17-5 lead when Joe Mikalauskas set up Brayden Gault for a layup seven minutes into the contest.
- Roanoke extended its lead to 18 points when Dillon Thomas drained a three-pointer at the 9:44 mark of the opening half.
- A Chance Greene three-pointer pulled Lynchburg to within 12 at 33-21, but RC closed the final 3:23 of the half with a 10-2 run that was capped by a Jordan three-pointer as time expired, sending the teams to the locker room with RC leading 43-23.
- The Roanoke defense held Lynchburg without a field goal for the first 7:11 of the second-half and outscored the Hornets 16-2 during that time with a Mikalauskas three-pointer putting RC on top 59-25.
- A bucket by Jordan with seven minutes to go in the game pushed the RC lead to 35 at 69-34.
- The Maroons lead would reach as many as 42 when Tripp Greene hit a three-pointer with 4:25 to play and made it 78-36.
- Joining Jordan in double-figures was Mikalauskas with 15, Greene with 13 and Gault with 10. Ethan Rohan grabbed 10 rebounds to help RC to a 40-33 edge on the glass.
- Roanoke made 30-of-59 (50.8%) shots from the floor, including 10-of-18 from behind the three-point line.
- The Maroons held the Hornets to a season-low in points as Lynchburg shot just 30% for the game, making 15-of-50 shots in the loss, including just 4-of-20 from behind the arc. Tharon Suggs had nine points to lead the Hornets.
Up Next: Roanoke will return to the court on Saturday for a 2:00 p.m. game with Randolph on Senior Day.