Score: Roanoke 74 | Ferrum 51
Records: Maroons 11-4, 6-2 | Panthers 2-13, 2-6
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke would get scoring from 11 different players en route to the ODAC victory over visiting Ferrum.
How it Happened:
- The Panthers hit a three pointer to open play. Kristina Harrel answered with a three-point play of her own to tie the game before Kayla Kinsler scored a fast break layup to give the Maroons the lead for good.
- RC would outscore their guests 17-9 in the first quarter and took an eight point lead into the second frame.
- Corinne McPadden scored to cap a 5-2 start to the period, giving Roanoke their first double digit, lead of the night.
- With 4:08 remaining in the first half, Aisha Martin hit a shot from long range to trim the Roanoke advantage to just three points.
- The Maroons would close the half on a 13-3 run to take a 13 point edge into the break.
- Four Maroon fouls to start the second half would allow the Panthers to stay close. Thanks to 9-13 shooting from the stripe, Ferrum would take the third frame, 18-17, cutting the Roanoke lead to 12 going into the final 10 minutes of play.
- Morgan Micallef hit a jumper to cap a 6-0 run to start the fourth. After a Ferrum hoop, RC began to pull away and after a D’Anna Cvetnich 3 pointer, the lead had grown to more than 20 points.
- A 20-9 fourth quarter qould allow Roanoke to cruise to the ODAC win.
- Renee Alquiza and Ayanna Scarborough each scored 11 points with McPadden and Harrel adding 10 points apiece.
- Alquiza grabbed a game high seven rebounds while Whitney Hopson handed out nine assists.
Up next: The Maroons will take their 6-2 ODAC record on the road this Saturday when they travel to Ashland for a rematch with Randolph-Macon. RC defeated the Yellow Jackets, 69-68, back on November 26th in the Cregger Center.