ASHBURN, Va. (WAVY) — Former Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera has reached a deal to become the next coach of the Washington Redskins, per multiple reports.
The deal is reportedly for five years, though the details have yet to be disclosed.
The two-time NFL Coach of the Year was fired this year after nine seasons with Carolina. The Panthers went 5-11 and finished in last place in the NFC South.
Washington, looking to rebound from a long period of mediocrity, fired team president Bruce Allen on Monday and fired head coach Jay Gruden in October.
- CDC investigating heart inflammation following COVID-19 vaccine
- ‘He was gone’: Danish player resuscitated at Euro 2020 soccer match
- More than 7,000 Appalachian Power customers without power after severe weather
- New Jersey toddler dies after he falls from window, attacked by family dogs
- ‘Surreal’: 6th Street mass shooting witnesses describe the moment shots fired in downtown Austin