SALEM, Va. (WFXR) — In a rematch of the 2018 title game, Radford rallied from two sets down to defeat Poquoson in five, capturing the program’s second straight Class 2 championship in three final appearances.
The Islanders went up 2-0 after tightly played sets, winning the first 26-24 and the second 25-23. Radford then dominated the latter three games, winning each by at least six points (25-19, 25-15, 15-8).
Senior Charli Dietz led the Bobcats with 21 kills and 14 digs while junior Kara Armentrout added 17 kills in the victory.
Radford completes the 2019 season with an 18-8 record.
- Virginia’s Blue Ridge welcomes women’s pro-cycling team offering elite training opportunities
- Karnik, Ashton-Langford lead Boston College past Virginia Tech
- Hellems, Smith lead NC State past Virginia 77-63
- Pember’s 41 leads UNC Asheville past Radford in OT
- Smith scores 25 to carry Chattanooga over VMI 78-74