(WFXR/AP) — NASCAR has released the photo of the noose found in Bubba Wallace’s Garage Stall.
On Sunday, June 21, the noose was found hanging in the garage stall of Black driver Bubba Wallace at the NASCAR race in Alabama. This came two weeks after Wallace advocated for NASCAR to ban the Confederate flag from its events and facilities.
The FBI investigated the incident after it was thought to be a hate crime directed towards Wallace. However, it was determined the noose was hung in October of last year.
In an interview with CNN, Wallace responded, “I wanted to make sure this wasn’t just a knot. It was a noose. Whether it was tied in 2019 … it is a noose.”
Following the incident, NASCAR rallied around Wallace in a demonstration on Monday.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Pinpoint Weather: Strong storms possible Sunday afternoon and evening
- Crews on scene at brush fire in Campbell County
- Man who was allegedly on the run from police crashes vehicle in Bedford County
- Roanoke Police investigate overnight shooting on Prillaman Avenue
- ‘I don’t feel brave’: Mom signs up to be COVID-19 vaccine volunteer