UPDATE 5:14 p.m.: NASCAR is moving the All-Star race out of Charlotte, the organization will formally announce Monday night, sister-station Fox 46 has confirmed.
NASCAR will make a formal announcement during a news conference Monday night at 7:15 p.m.
(WFXR) — The NASCAR All-Star Race for 2020 has moved to the Bristol Motor Speedway from its previous location of Charlotte Motor Speedway due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in North Carolina.
According to motorsport.com, multiple sources have confirmed the changes, and an official announcement should come out later today. The site also says a limited number of fans are expected to attend.
The race will still broadcast at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, July 15 on Fox Sports 1. It will be the final broadcast of Fox’s NASCAR season.
- Florida doctor allegedly tried to buy sex slave with bitcoin: FBI
- ‘Warrior’ teacher Eva Mireles killed in Texas school shooting
- ‘I’m just still scared’: Uvalde 3rd-grader describes surviving massacre
- Taking a look at safety, SRO staffing in Roanoke Valley elementary schools
- Georgia deals critical blow to Trump’s kingmaker status