ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — After being off last week, the North Cross football team gets back into action Friday afternoon with a home game against Fork Union Military Academy. Kickoff is set for 4:00pm. The Raiders opened up the season two weeks ago with a 69-0 win over the Virginia Spartans. North Cross head coach Stephen Alexander feels this week’s game will be a strong test for the team. “We have to prepare to play for 4 quarters. Because FUMA is going to prepare to bring a roster that is 3 times as big as ours. They are probably the biggest school we have ever hosted at North Cross in a decade. So we are going to have our hands full with just the amount of athletes and their roster size. We are going to have to be very straight forward in the way we have to execute offensively and defensively. Special teams are going to be a big factor. We have been talking to the kids all week to try to be able to win one in the 4th quarter,” said North Cross head coach Stephen Alexander.
- ‘I couldn’t be more proud’: Family watches Ryan Crouser win gold
- Democrat and Republican senators pile on the pressure to declassify 9/11 secrets
- Infrastructure bill a “shot in the arm” for rural high speed internet expansion
- Blood test could diagnose Alzheimer’s disease decades before symptoms develop, doctors say
- Botetourt County Department of Fire and EMS on scene of a fire involving a mobile home