After spending his freshman season at Virginia Tech, Landers Nolley II has found a new home in Conference USA.
The ACC all-freshman selection tweeted Monday that he will continue his career at Memphis. Nolley, a six-foot-seven forward, averaged 15.5 points and 5.8 rebounds a game as a redshirt freshman under first-year head coach Mike Young.
“I’d like to start by reiterating my thanks to the staff and fans at Virginia Tech for all of their love and support,” Nolley said. “I will never forget my time in Blacksburg. I am beyond thankful for the tremendous opportunities in front of me to learn and grow, while aspiring to achieve greatness in the classroom and on the court.”
Nolley was a five-time ACC Freshman of the Week honoree this past season and led the Hokies in scoring. He will have to sit out next season before being able to play for the Tigers.
- Pinpoint Weather: Showers gradually taper off, more rain expected overnight into Monday morning
- Friday Night Blitz – Saturday Edition (Feb. 27, 2021)
- VMI tops Furman 14-13, flukey late fumble helps in win
- McGhee scores 34, Liberty tops Bellarmine to win A-Sun
- Aluma, No. 16 Virginia Tech pound Wake Forest 84-46