BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – On Monday morning, the Atlantic Coast Conference confirmed Virginia Tech’s season-opening football game against North Carolina will kick off at Lane Stadium during primetime on Sept. 3.
According to the Virginia Tech athletics website, the Hokies game against the Tar Heels will not only mark the first of seven games at Lane Stadium in 2021, but it will be the first season-opening game between those two teams since 1946.
In a series that dates back to 1895, the Hokies own a 24-13-6 all-time advantage against the Tar Heels. Tech has won its last two home meetings against North Carolina, including the longest game in ACC history, a six-OT, 43-41 victory in 2019.
The Hokies will close out the regular season with a Commonwealth Clash game at Virginia on Nov. 27. Tech has won 20 of the past 22 games with the Cavaliers, including nine of the last 11 contests in Charlottesville.
For as little as 1% down, Tech fans can secure season tickets in Lane Stadium for the Hokies’ 2021 home slate. Flexible payment plans are also available, including the option to defer future payments to May 2021. New season tickets are available for purchase by clicking here.
For more information on the Hokie Scholarship Fund, follow this link to check out the investment guidebook.
Here is the Virginia Tech 2021 football schedule provided by the university on Monday, April 12, which is subject to change:
- Sept. 3: Home game vs. North Carolina
- Sept. 11: Home game vs. Middle Tennessee State
- Sept. 18: Away game at West Virginia
- Sept. 25: Home game vs. Richmond
- Oct. 2: Open
- Oct. 9: Home game vs. Notre Dame
- Oct. 16: Home game vs. Pitt
- Oct. 23: Home game vs. Syracuse
- Oct. 30: Away game at Georgia Tech
- Nov. 5: Away game at Boston College
- Nov. 13: Home game vs. Duke
- Nov. 20: Away game at Miami
- Nov. 27: Away game at Virginia
- Dec. 4: ACC Championship Game – Charlotte, NC