Score: Roanoke 83, (R/V) Emory & Henry 59
Records: Roanoke 10-4 / 5-2 ODAC| Emory & Henry 11-2 / 5-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Whitney Hopson scored 17 points and added 12 assists to lead Roanoke to a 83-59 win over Emory & Henry on Wednesday.
How it Happened
- The score was tied 10-10 with four and half minutes to play in the first quarter when Roanoke used a 10-0 run that was capped by a Kristina Harrel three-pointer to make score 20-10 with just under a minute to play.
- Roanoke led 22-14 following the first 10 minutes and scored 13 of the first 15 points of the second quarter as it pushed ahead 35-16 following a Rose Sande basket at the 3:29 mark.
- A Hopson three-point play made the score 38-18 with two and half minutes to play in the half and RC took a 43-23 lead into the locker room at halftime.
- Back-to-back baskets by Renee Alquiza and Kayla Kinsler to open the second-half of play made it a 48-23.
- A pair of free-throws by Harrel made the score 50-25 with 8:21 to play in the quarter. From there, the Wasps went on a 19-4 run, cutting the RC lead to 54-44 on a free-throw by Peyton Williams with 2:20 in the third.
- Roanoke put the game away by scoring 12 unanswered points to start the fourth quarter, going up 70-48 on a Kinsler three-pointer with six and half-minutes to play.
- Kinsler had 15 points to join Hopson in double-digits. Harrel had 13 points and Sayre Brandstatter chipped in with 10 off the bench. Corinne McPadden finished with nine points to go along with seven rebounds for RC.
- Kara Stafford had 11 points for E&H and Elizabeth Jones 10. Williams finished with a game-high 12 rebounds in the loss.
Up Next: Roanoke is off until Jan. 15 when it hosts Ferrum at 7:00 p.m.