Score: Roanoke 84, Emory & Henry 55
Records: Roanoke 9-4 / 3-1 ODAC | Emory & Henry 3-10 / 0-4 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke College Men’s Basketball team ran its winning streak to five games after an 84-55 ODAC win over Emory & Henry on Wednesday.
How it Happened
- Emory & Henry scored the first point of the game then Roanoke scored the next 10 points with a Efosa Edosomwan bucket making it 10-1 with 15:44 left in the half.
- Roanoke took a 17-4 lead on a Kasey Draper basket at the 11:22 mark before E&H scored nine of the next 11 points, cutting the RC lead to 19-13 on a Jordan Grant three-pointer.
- The Maroons responded with an 11-4 run as they pushed ahead 30-17 on a Kojack Thompson jumper with 3:42 remaining in the half.
- RC led 33-22 at halftime and scored eight of the first 10 points of the second half, taking a 41-24 advantage on a Tripp Greene layup.
- An Edosomwan fast break basket with 12:27 to go in the game made the score 53-32 in favor of the Maroons.
- Roanoke would close the contest by scoring 13 unanswered points in the final four minutes to account for the 29-point win.
- Draper led all scorers with 20 points. Greene had 13 and Edosomwan had 10. Ethan Rohan pulled down a game-high nine rebounds.
- Dylan Catron had 17 point in a losing effort for E&H. The Wasps committed 16 turnovers that led to 23 RC points as well.
- Roanoke made 50.8% of its shots as it converted 33-of-65 attempts from the field. The Maroon defense held the Wasp offense to just 31.7% (20-of-63) from the floor for the game.
- The Maroons assisted on 20 of its 33 made field goals on the evening led by Caleb Jordan who had eight assists in the win.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Shenandoah on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. in ODAC action.