(WFXR) — Earlier this week on Wednesday, Nov. 17, World Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc. (W.A.T.C.H.) revealed its list for ’10 Worst Toys of 2021′.
According to the consumer watchdog group, toy safety remains a critical concern this holiday season with an expected toy shortage due to COVID-19 related supply chain issues.
W.A.T.C.H. says a child is treated in an emergency room in the U.S. every three minutes for a toy-related injury.
Each of the ten toys have been put on the list because they could potentially hurt a child.
For example, toys like ‘My Life as a Shopping Basket’ and the ‘Learn to Play Drum’ pose choking hazards.
The list of the 10 Worst Toys of 2021 is provided below:
- Radio Flyer Spin ‘N Saucer — potential for impact injuries
- Hover-1 My First Hoverboard — potential for head and other impact injuries
- Nerf Hyper Rush-40 Blaster — potential for eye and facial injuries
- Rollers Light-Up Heel Skates — potential for blunt impact injuries
- Bright Starts Tummy Time Prop & Play — potential for suffocation
- Hape Learn To Play Drum — potential for ingestion and choking injuries
- Snake Eyes G.I. Joe Origins Ninja Strike Sickles — potential for blunt force and eye injuries
- Perfectly Cute My Lil’ Baby Feed & Go Set — potential for ingestion and choking injuries
- Squeakee Minis Poppy the Bunny — potential for battery ingestion
- Walmart My Life As Shopping Basket — potential for choking injuries
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list
Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.