ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — The Washington Redskins have hired Jennifer King as a coaching intern who will work with the offensive staff throughout the season. King will be a full-year intern but not a full-time assistant coach.
The NFL currently does not have a black woman as a full-time assistant. She most recently worked as an offensive assistant at Dartmouth College. Before that she interned for the Carolina Panthers during now-Redskins coach Ron Rivera’s tenure with them.
Rivera called King a bright young coach and said his firsthand knowledge of her work ethic and preparation were big factors in the Redskins hiring her.
- Economic fallout mounts, along with competition for gear
- President Trump approves Virginia’s disaster declaration
- ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic transfers to hospital after fellow inmates test positive for COVID-19
- Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James giving dresses to teachers as a thank you
- Clear skies and breezy conditions close out the work week.