ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — The Washington Redskins have hired Jennifer King as a coaching intern who will work with the offensive staff throughout the season. King will be a full-year intern but not a full-time assistant coach.
The NFL currently does not have a black woman as a full-time assistant. She most recently worked as an offensive assistant at Dartmouth College. Before that she interned for the Carolina Panthers during now-Redskins coach Ron Rivera’s tenure with them.
Rivera called King a bright young coach and said his firsthand knowledge of her work ethic and preparation were big factors in the Redskins hiring her.
- Mustangs beat Muddogs, 9-2, to notch third win in a row
- No one hurt after structure fire in Roanoke
- California pair charged with hate crime for vandalizing Black Lives Matter mural
- With efforts to grow wheelchair tennis, Hokies hope to fill void of adaptive sports in the area
- Black Out Day 2020 benefits black-owned businesses throughout Roanoke area