ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Stephanie Moon has announced her Independent candidacy for Roanoke City Council.
Moon has been involved in Roanoke City government for 42 years which included one of her most prominent positions as Roanoke City Clerk.
“Because of my 42 years of experience with the City, particularly working directly with City Council and the senior-level management team, I have a keen understanding of how the City works internally. And I have experience working with local, state and national groups, organizations and agencies to address citizen concerns and improve our quality of life.”Stephanie Moon, Independent Candidate for Roanoke City Council
Moon has announced some of her plans for Roanoke which include:
- Assist in bringing community policing programs to all quadrants of the city so every neighborhood will have the reputation of being a safe place to live and raise a family.
- Advocate for job skills and education programs to increase opportunities, and work with business organizations and industry leaders to develop economic growth strategies.
“I wish to express appreciation to the citizens of Roanoke for their encouragement and support of my candidacy for Roanoke City Council,” Moon said.
She will have an official Campaign Kick-off event scheduled for Saturday, June 27 and will take place at 4501 Oakland Boulevard, NW in Roanoke. The event is slated to begin at 6:30 p.m.
For additional information regarding Moon’s campaign, visit www.Moon4Roanoke.com.
- Police investigating after person found shot in southeast Roanoke
- Pinpoint Weather: Isolated storms Tuesday afternoon
- Botetourt County Sheriff’s Office receives hand-written letters, sweets from local Farm Bureau committee
- Young promotes Giltner to Hokies’ assistant coach
- Generals’ virtual 5K hopes to tackle social issues, end racism