CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — The United Mine Workers of America has endorsed Democratic candidate for governor Ben Salango and Democratic candidate for attorney general Sam Petsonk.
Salango, who is running against incumbent Republican Gov. Jim Justice, said he was humbled to receive the endorsement on Tuesday.
United Mine Workers of America International President Cecil E. Roberts says Salango is the “clear choice” for governor.
Petsonk is running against Republican Attorney General Patrick Morrisey in November. Petsonk had interned for the United Mine Workers of America, and as a lawyer, he has focused on workplace safety, retirement benefits for coal miners and other labor issues.
- One person hurt after shooting in Lynchburg
- Police investigate fatal motorcycle crash in Henry County
- Henry County Sheriff’s Office investigating Saturday night shooting
- Amherst County Schools confirms COVID-positive case at Amherst County High School
- Hidden Valley Country Club raises over $15K for Carilion Children’s Hospital in weekend tournament