ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — A new Roanoke College poll shows former Vice President Joe Biden with a large lead over President Donald Trump in Virginia.
According to the poll, Democratic nominee Joe Biden has support of 53% of Virginians polled, compared to only 39% for Republican President Donald Trump. Five percent say they are undecided in the election. Likability for Biden sits at 51% favorable and 38% unfavorable. The numbers are flipped for Trump, whose favorable is only 37% and unfavorable is 55%.
In the race for U.S. Senate, incumbent Democratic Sen. Mark Warner has support from 55% of Virginians polled, while Republican Daniel Gade trails with 34%.
The same poll also asked voters about their views on race relations in America. Two-thirds of respondents said they believe race relations in the U.S. are “fairly bad or very bad.” Nearly 50% believe it is more important to focus on commonality between racial and ethnic groups to improve relations. Thirty-seven percent say we should focus on the unique experiences of different groups.
- Two people shot at Food Lion on Peters Creek Rd in Roanoke
- Man charged with murder in fatal stabbing of O.C. doctor riding bike on PCH
- DOJ to investigate Memphis Police Department after Tyre Nichols’ fatal arrest: Mayor
- What are the best grooming products for cats and dogs?
- Bigfoot sightings can be easily explained, scientist says