AFTON, Va. (WFXR) — Fifth District Congressman Denver Riggleman, who was beat in a contentious 5th District Republican convention after officiating a gay marriage, is considering a run for governor.
Riggleman initially told WFXR News in an interview this week that he was considering a run for statewide office. He later told Bloomberg’s SoundOn podcast that he is considering a run for governor and may do it as an independent.
“I’m keeping my options open. Things are sort of moving forward. I’m still doing great things in congress I still have to run through the tape. If I was to do anything in a more directed way, we would be looking at a statewide run sometime in the future.”Congressman Denver Riggleman (R-Va.)
- 60 inmates test positive for COVID-19 at Green Rock Correctional Center in Chatham
- New Cheetos mac and cheese hitting Walmart shelves this weekend nationwide
- Twin YouTube stars charged after Uber driver held at gunpoint during fake bank robbery
- Bipartisan push in Congress looks to replace Confederate statue in Washington with one of John Lewis
- Police arrest man wanted in vehicle pursuit earlier Wednesday in Lynchburg