ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Polling places across the Commonwealth opened their doors at 6 a.m. for the Super Tuesday Democratic Primary Election.
Virginia is one of 14 states holding an election this Super Tuesday, with more than one-third of delegates up for grabs.
There are currently five active Democratic candidates for president: former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders, former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg, Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren.
Several candidates recently dropped out, including former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Senator Amy Klobuchar, and Tom Steyer. Those candidates will still be on the Virginia ballot.
- 90-year-old Florida man hits hole-in-one
- Rhode Island teacher transforms conservation land into outdoor classroom
- Gov. Newsom signs new law prompted by photo scandal in crash that killed Kobe Bryant, 8 others in Calabasas
- Dying winds give crews hope in Northern California fires
- Health officials report 923 new COVID-19 cases, 15 new deaths around Virginia as of Tuesday