RADFORD, Va. (WFXR) — As Election Day draws closer, police say multiple political signs around Radford have been reported as missing or damaged.
According to the Radford City Police Department, numerous reports have come in about political signs being taken and vandalized.
Police issued a reminder that these signs are personal property and likely placed on private property.
“Despite your individual political view, we ask that the offenders would respect the rights of ALL citizens to choose who they will support in this upcoming election,” the department stated in a Facebook post on Wednesday, Oct. 21.
Police say they are investigating these criminal acts just like any other theft or destruction of property crime.
- A behind the scenes look at the Rescue Mission of Roanoke
- White House kicks off holiday season welcoming official tree
- A Floyd Christmas tree farm gears up for the holiday season
- Lawmakers debate necessity of a mask mandate in Congress
- Roanoke Police release body cam footage of officer-involved shooting