PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – A man raised in Pittsylvania County has announced he is running for Virginia’s Lieutenant Governor.
Xavier J. Warren announced his intent on Facebook.
“As a small business owner, my top priority is making sure every Virginian has a job with a livable wage,” Warren said.
According to a statement from Xavier Warren For Lt. Governor, Warren is a small business owner of a company that helps nonprofits that include hospitals, colleges and local governments secure federal funding to heal, educate, and protect people as well as create jobs. Warren also represents multiple NFL players as their certified sports agent. The statement says Warren was born in Danville and raised in Pittsylvania County. He graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree from Hampton University and earned a master’s degree from Georgetown University.
- US weekly jobless rate drops to 751,000
- Jerry Falwell Jr. sues Liberty University over departure earlier this year, says school officials “jumped to conclusions” about allegations against him
- Health officials report 1,429 new COVID-19 cases, 20 new deaths around Virginia as of Thursday
- US-250 East closed in Nelson County due to Thursday morning crash
- 3 dead in knife attack in French church; terrorism suspected