(WFXR) — The owner and operator of a New River Valley bike share program announced the company will offer free bike rides to polling places in New River Valley on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3.
Gotcha Mobility, owner and operator of RoamNRV bike share, announced Friday it would participate in Roll to the Polls, an industry-wide campaign offering free or discounted transportation to voters on election day in partnership with the North American Bikeshare Association (NABSA) and its members.
“We are excited to join NABSA, a leader in connecting shared micro-mobility providers, to help overcome transportation barriers on election day through Roll to the Polls. We look forward to helping make every vote count by providing accessible transportation to all.”Max Smith, CEO of Gotcha
Bikes will be completely free for riders to cast their ballots with promo code VOTE2020. Voters can go to ridegotcha.com/rolltothepolls for more details.
According to a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center, in 2016, 3% of Americans cited “transportation problems” as a barrier to voting. 3% is representative of 4.6 million registered voters in 2020.
- ‘Out on the town’: 200-pound tortoise back home after escaping Alabama pen
- Man charged in 2-month-old daughter’s death left trail of destruction
- Scientists remove 98 ‘murder hornets’ in Washington state
- Woman accused of impersonating prosecutor, attempting to drop her own case
- Body of missing hip-hop artist found in Virginia man’s car trunk after crash in Florida