(WGMB) — Louisiana will postpone next month’s presidential primary due to coronavirus concerns, Louisiana Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin announced.
The primary, scheduled for April 4, will now take place on June 20.
Ardoin said the action was taken out of an abundance of caution for voters, officials and all of the residents of the state.
“The threat we face from the COVID-19 virus is an unprecedented threat and unlike any we have faced,” he said.
Ardoin also announced the May 9 Municipal General Election has been moved to July 25.
- Tractor trailer wreck shuts down north lanes on Interstate 81 in Botetourt County
- Mark Dixon named Pulaski County head football coach
- Beth Denton named the Salem Spartans new head volleyball coach
- Former Hokie P.J. Horne transfers to the University of Georgia
- Lord Botetourt’s Miette Veldman named the Class 3 Female Athlete of the Year