RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) — The rapper and fashion mogul Kanye West will not appear on the ballot in Virginia despite a last minute appeal to prop up his struggling presidential campaign.
The ruling by the Supreme Court of Virginia found it was not appropriate to alter the temporary injunction that initially knocked West off the ballot.
Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring tweeted, “This case could have thrown the election into complete chaos and disenfranchised thousands of Virginians – this ruling will help ensure every single vote is counted this fall.”
- Trump’s Supreme Court nominee moves toward Senate vote despite boycott by Dems
- Funding options presented for Cool Branch Volunteer Fire Department
- Virginia Tech’s Chamarri Conner earns Beamer’s No. 25 jersey for Saturday’s game at Wake Forest
- Pinpoint Weather: Warmer than usual pattern continues, clouds and rain expected over the weekend in Western Virginia
- New pop-up program established to attract business to Altavista’s Main Street District