RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — The Senate race in Virginia is a low-profile affair, eclipsed by much closer contests in other states that will determine the balance of power of the next Congress.
U.S. Sen. Mark Warner is seeking a third term and appears to have an easy path to victory over Republican Daniel Gade, a political newcomer who doesn’t have the money or name recognition to match Warner.
Both Warner and Gade say the coronavirus pandemic is at the top of voters’ minds, and Trump’s response has been the key flashpoint in the race so far.
- Kroger to hold virtual hiring event for open positions across southwest, central Virginia
- Staff member at Troutville Elementary reportedly tests positive for COVID-19
- MLB investigating Dodgers player who left isolation to celebrate World Series victory, after testing positive for coronavirus
- Woman reported missing from Henry County since July
- Man dies after Monday shooting in Roanoke County, individual in custody